Happiness;Sunday evening; sitting on the couch, TV on in the background and a bowl full of ice cream in my hand - I am very happy right now.
So what better time then to reflect on the things that make me the happiest.
Great timing, seeing as Mary from Mary Loves and Fleur from Turning a Leaf both awarded me the Happiness 101 award where I get to let you in on the things that put a smile on my face.
Considering that purpose of this blog is about realising that it's usually the little things that make the difference I thought I would follow with this theme...
My Pocket Full of Happiness:
1. that moment when you wake up and think that you have to get up and be somewhere. But then you realise that it is Saturday morning and you could sleep all day in bed if you wanted to.
2. listening to mellow music. music that makes me think and reflect is what i love the best. my current top played are The Sorry Kisses, Mariah McManus and Andrew Belle. Angus & Julia Stone are ofcourse included too. Beautiful music. Makes me reflect and reminisce. Much like watching the sunrise over the beach does.
3. The smell of grounded coffee beans on a lazy sunday morning. Pretty much just lazy Sunday's in general. Days like today in fact. Spent watching chick flicks while cuddled up on the couch.
4. Overindulging on chocolate. Literally my weakness. I love chocolate so much. In all forms - chocolate cake, hot chocolate, chocolate milkshake, chocolate brownie. YUM.
5. Cuddling in bed while the rain is pit pattering away on the window sill. Just being all cosy, cuddled up in your doona and staying up talking until 3am with that someone special.
6. Laughing fits. I just love that feeling of ridiculously sore abs from nothing more but laughing too much. I have been having multiple laughing fits since being back at home - thank you to my brother who is hilarious.
7. Travelling. Now this is actually a "big" thing (seeing as being Australian means it is quite the effort to travel anywhere considering we are pretty far away from most places) that makes me happy. But going to countries, cities, towns where it is so different from where you are so used to and being able to experience the contrasting cultures is just the best. I also love planning for trips too. Last northern hemisphere summer i traveled around Europe with my boyfriend and couldn't have been better.
8. Little surprises. Like what Mary said about finding a $5 notes in your jean pocket or getting a cute little award like this or being made breakfast in bed. Little surprises like this always make me so happy.
9. Long lunches out or intimate dinner parties at home with close friends and family spent chatting non-stop about nothing in particular but just being surrounded by the people who you care the most about.
10. Life in general. Being here and being able to experience everything that I want to do and love doing. I am a genuine Life Lover.
Life is beautiful.
Now to pass this onto 5 blogs that make me happy:
fairy tales are true
red lips, high heels and pearls